- A glass of red lentils;
- A mid-sized onion and a clove of garlic;
- One tomato;
- One sliced carrot;
- A tablespoon of tomato sauce;
- 30 grams of butter;
- Salt, cumin, and hot paprika/chilli;
Sunflower oil for frying the onion and the croutons
Method of preparation
- Heat the onion in sunflower oil and add a clove of garlic. Then add the sliced carrot and the tomato sauce and cook them together for another 3-4 minutes.
- We can now add the lentils and leave it on the fire, stirring occasionally.
- After 3 more minutes, add 3 glasses of water and let everything boil until the lentils become soft, a sign that the lentils have boiled enough!
- Transfer everything in a blender or food processor. We can also work with a vertical mixer, until everything becomes a cream soup.
- Transfer the cream soup to the heat again and let it boil for another 5-6 minutes, during which time add salt to taste.
- For extra flavor, add a teaspoon of cumin, a teaspoon of paprika, and a tablespoon of tomato sauce.
- Turn off the heat and finally add 30 grams of butter.
- Now, it can be served as such or with croutons and a bit of lemon.
Alexandra Mokdad is a Romanian woman who returned in the country after living for 11 years in Lebanon. After 2-3 years spent in Beirut, during which time she became familiar with the Lebanese cuisine, she rediscovered Romanian gastronomy. She started preparing cakes and cookies after European recipes for the Lebanese customers. Recently, she established in Romania, in Sibiu, where she initiated a gastronomic project through which se aims to present Romanians the genuine tastes of Arabic cuisine. More on Alexandra’s project can be found on her Facebook page, Saja Bakery: https://www.facebook.com/Saja-Bakery-105737017672681